Today’s bookclub is on Becoming, former First Lady Michelle Obama‘s memoir published in 2018, which, at this moment, has generated 109,127 ratings on Amazon – a mind-boggling numbers compares to the following similar books. All the participants in the club said they loved the book and spoke kindly and gently of Michelle. I, too enjoyed her book and found her voice is enjoyable. However, I couldn’t help but to bring up the ratings:
- 2,499: Hard Choices (2014) by Hillary Clinton
- 284: Madam Secretary (2013) by Madeleine Albright
- 481: No Higher Honor (2012) by Condi Rice
- 854: The Matriarch (2019) on Barbara Bush by Page
The fact is, the first three ladies all held the real jobs, yet … Sure you can argue that when their books came out, the social media wasn’t as popular as it’s today (Page’s book, although was published a year later than Michelle’s) … oh well.
Another note, the afternoon bookclubs aren’t as good as evenings’ … maybe this is the sign that life back to normal when all participants in the group are senior ladies. And by the end of it, the topic drifted to Trump … when the leader mentioned that Michelle wrote about the passing on from Hillary to Laura to her, but didn’t mention Melania Trump.
今天的这个读书会是O8老婆的书 Becoming (2018) 变 (?). 我最想讨论的是点赞率
- 109,127: Becoming (2018) by Michelle Obama 第一夫人
- 2,499: Hard Choices (2014) by Hillary Clinton 喜婆做国务卿的四年
- 237: Madam Secretary (2013) by Madeleine Albright 第一个女国务卿
- 481: No Higher Honor (2012) by Condi Rice 第一个黑妞国务卿
- 854: The Matriarch (2019) on Barbara Bush by Page 老布什的太太
为什么O8夫人的回忆录有109,127 条评论, 而接下来三位有实权的女国务卿 – (有工作 有作为)的女娃们的评论却少得可怜!!! 很难想象 … 不难想象 …