On July 22, at 9am, Texas Tribune reported that China’s Houston consulate was ordered to close in 72 hours. Next thing we knew was fire trucks surrounded the consulate because of the burning went on inside. And two days later, China ordered American consulate in Chengdu to close. (Aside from the embassy in Beijing, US has five consulates, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Wuhan and Shenyang.)
What’s followed is amusing: Moments, my friends circle on WeChat are filled with postings (in Chinese, obviously) about Chengdu consulate, from consul Jim Mullinax’s heartwarming good bye, Chinese name (林杰伟), his time in China as youth, the herb garden at the consulate, his two young sons, his wife – oh, of course there is also his wife’s blog where we learnt something about her, her experience as the wife of a diplomat, her love for food, her street music playing gig, her beautiful mother, her kitchen, … even the chef ⇓
ALL the while, I’m wondering where is China?
- 2020, 回顾美国驻成都总领事馆: 飞虎队珍贵历史照片
- 2020, 美国驻华大使馆连发四文 怀念成都总领馆
- 2020, 卷入新闻风暴后,庄祖宜首度发声:我只嫁给了我先生,没有嫁给美国国务院
- 2018, 美国驻蓉总领事林杰伟:出走半生,归来仍是成都少年
- China and the U.S. Should Reset Their Relationship by the ambassador Cui
- China’s man in Washington wants U.S. to ‘return to right track’
📣 + 乡音
Gosh it’s unreal. Not a single one!
Be First to Comment