I went to do a routine blood test (nowadays even the rubber band that ties up your arm is disposable!) and struck up a short conversation with the technician who said donate blood is, actually good for your health because replenishing blood makes your organ health .. as if the blood might get mold? I got curious and the following is what I found on the Internet:
Different type of blood donations:
- In addition, there are two special donation types that have to do with who is making the donation:
Here are some the benefits of donating your blood:
- Reduces the Risk of Cancer: High levels of iron have been implicated in cancer.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease: Regular blood donations help to keep the levels of iron in the body in check, especially in males. More on American Journal of Epidemiology.
- Burns Calories: One time blood donation helps you shed 650 Kcal (each donation takes a pint of blood, about 370 ml).
When you donate, you’ll receive a mini physical and blood analysis, may includes:
- blood pressure
- HIV 1 and 2,
- West Nile Virus,
- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, T.
- Cruzi or Chagas as well as the Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus 1 and 2