I have been lucky in that I’m pretty healthy, don’t need to take any pills .. if I got headache or fever, I go to swim instead – it always works for me like charm. But this past April the night before I was to leave for home in Shanghai, I found myself having fever. Yishi got me this package of Aspirin as we were waiting for our dinner to be served – a huge pot of congie for two with abalone that would cost about US$50 – she said my long flight home would be harder to endure with a fever.
After opening the package, looking for direction for dosage, did I realize calculus was needed. Oh boy, thank lord I was with a smart engineer and had a calculator because my elementary education could not and would handle the math. On the package, it printed
- 60 tablets
- 25 mg
So each tablet is 25 mg? And for my info, 1000 milligrams = 1 gram, or 1 milligram has 0.001 grams. This will come handy.
.. But the dosage instruction is as follow..
- 解热、镇痛: 一次 0.3 ~ 0.6g, 一日3次，必要时每4小时1次
- 抗风湿: 一日3~6g, 分4次口服
- 治疗胆道蛔虫病，一次1g, 一日2~3次
- To reduce fever & headache: 0.3 ~ 0.6 g each time, 3 x a day or every four hours when necessary
- Anti arthritis: 3~6g daily, divide it into four portions – take a quarter each time
- Blood platelet: should take small portion, i.e. 80~300mg, once a day
- For ascariasis, 1g each time, 2~3 x daily
I took lower dosage of 0.3g, which was 25mg x 12
Am I fortunate or what that I am lived to write this now? I’m seeing blanket lawsuits in this country -:)
more pix in gallery