MTG is a site for tennis junkies: captains, players and pros to schedule matches/courts, manage their teams, etc., just everything tennis. I found this site out at the captain’s meeting from the Metro League Coordinator (sorry for the screaming e-mail and thanks for keeping cool under the fire!!). A friend did a search also recommended it.
I’ve been trying it and found it to be useful (pls keep in mind that I’m new at organizing an USTA league): pros out weights the cons. Some features may not be what I think it means to be, so pls take my random thoughts and observations with a grain of salt:
- The set up is easy
- The Calendar page is useful and functional
- The Availability page is useful and functional
- Line up is a breeze
- Adding additional match(es) – like playoffs – is easy
- It tells me what to do on court – geeeze wizzz believe me
- The calendar is only a holding cell: you can’t create an event on the calendar directly like with gmail or yahoo’s. The events will show up once you created them elsewhere. For example, from MyGroups/Manage Groups.
- Too many e-mail spams: (not sure if there is On and Off option)
- I normally receive double confirmations from the players.
- There are glitches: the Availability page isn’t showing everything
- When entering match info, the ending of the time of the match won’t adjust accordingly – I think set the default to one hour would be practical.
- Once I scheduled a match, it offers following two options:
– E-mail all team members the lineup
– Save but do NOT e-mail all team members the lineup
E-mail line up will send message out immediately and Save option will not save it for your for long: sends out the following day
- It doesn’t cook me dinner or improve my forehand .. darn .. I knew there is a catch 🙂
More later .. WIP …